- Coaching times are determined in accordance with the public-school holidays. Invoices will be sent accordingly. WHPS will be the only exception.
- Lessons continue during the school holiday seasons in the form of 1 – 3 day camps. Camps will have sessions in the mornings and evenings. WHPS players can fall in with the groups at Brooklyn Union during their holiday season.
- The duration of each camp will be determined by the length of the school holiday (for the schools invoiced according to the public-school program. All players are welcome to join the catch-up lessons in December.
- No coaching will take place on public holidays.
- No discount or credit will be given for lessons not attended due to forgetfulness, illness, injury, rain, other sporting events or any other reason whatsoever outside the control of the coach or academy.
- Only 2 (two) make-up/catch-up lesson per term will be allowed unless the reason for the missed lesson is the coach not being available.
Termination of Lessons or Change of Schedule
- A period of 1 (one) calendar month’s written notice will be required on termination of lessons or change of any schedule.
- If coaching at the academy is cancelled during the months of October, November and December a late cancellation fee of R1000.00 will be payable.
- Any person leaving the academy will forfeit their position/time slot. No guarantees can be given to secure the same spot when a person decides to return.
- Cancellations can only be done in writing or email correspondence. Please ensure that that all proofs of cancellation are kept in a safe place. If a person cannot produce proof of cancellation on request you will be invoiced for the full outstanding balance.
- If a player cancels lessons at the academy a re-registration fee will be applicable if they choose to return.
- Packages fees will be calculated in accordance with the number of players in the group.
- After the stipulated cut-off date players will only be excused for reasons such as illness or death in the family.
- If the academy has already made the payments for the deposit no cancellation will be accepted. No refunds will be paid. If a player withdraws for any reason, the player will still be responsible for the tournament/tour costs.
- If a player withdraws for medical reasons a medical certificate will be required.
- Touring players are responsible for the payment of lessons during the months of travel and injury.
- If a player would like to travel with a coach, the player needs to carry all the coaches’ expenses.
- For coaches to attend any tournament outside a radius of 50km, players need to cover the coach’s expenses.
- Before every holiday an email about possible tournaments will be sent out. Players going on their own still need to respond to the e-mail if they wish for the coach to attend or watch matches.
- Coaches will try to watch at least one match of a player. Main draw will have priority.
Code of Conduct
At JL Tennis Academy the child’s interests as well as those of the Academy are very important and to maintain a mutually beneficial relationship there are a few aspects that need to be adhered to:
- Coaches will not tolerate any bad behaviour on court or at any venue.
- Only players booked for tennis lessons are allowed on the tennis court during lesson times.
- No parent, friend or sibling is allowed to interfere with any lesson from outside the court.
- If a parent wants to have an input in the lesson he/she can discuss this prior to or after the lesson.
- If a player, child or parent disturbs a lesson he/she will be asked to leave. This lesson will still be invoiced.
- If such player, child or parent continues to disrupt lessons, his/her tennis will be cancelled with immediate effect. Parents will still be liable for payment of the full monthly invoice.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to inform the academy of any medical problems.
- The role of the parent is simple: Be a good parent to your child by offering him the best chance at tennis success and always remember you are your child’s first role model and your actions and words will directly impact on your child.
- Ensure that your child(ren) are properly dressed for lesson. No child will be allowed lessons without wearing tennis shoes; no other type of shoes or bare feet. If the child is not wearing the correct shoes, they will not be allowed on court. We also advise wearing a cap or visor, sunscreen and proper tennis wear. Also, please bring/pack a towel and a water bottle.
- Parents are expected to:
- Support the coach in his/her decisions.
- Coach and parents need to be conveying the same message as far as possible.
- Communicate all you concern to the coach to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Please respect the coaches, their knowledge and time.
- Do not get involved with the technical aspects of your child’s tennis. It will only undermine the coach’s ability and cause conflict with the child.
- Keep to your appointments and arrangements.
- Be timeous with your payments. All prices on this contract are quoted excl. VAT. Please ensure that when paying, the amount owing on the invoice is used, not the excl. VAT amount as per the contract.
We understand that you are serious about your tennis and trust that you will share in our passion for the game. Take responsibility for your actions.
What the Academy expects form the players:
- 100% commitment and discipline at every session, be it coaching, fitness or mental.
- Behaviour that reflects the values of the Academy.
- An attitude that will benefit your tennis career as well as the growth of the Academy.
- Respect for you fellow players.
- Ensure that you are properly dressed for lesson. You will not be allowed lessons without wearing tennis shoes; no other type of shoes or bare feet. If you are not wearing the correct shoes, you will not be allowed on court. We also advise wearing a cap or visor, sunscreen and proper tennis wear. Also, please bring a towel and a water bottle.
You can rest assured that we will give our best towards your child as we only want the best for them.
What you can expect from Coaches:
- To be available for parents and players.
- To listen to constructive criticism, should there be any.
- Clear communication regarding decisions that needs to be made.
- Preparation for each coaching session.
- Transparency in the management of the Academy.
Coaches that miss sessions due to personal problems will arrange make-up sessions with the players.
JL Tennis Academy and its employees or contractors will not be held responsible or liable for any theft, damage, act of God, injury or death during tennis lessons at any venue.